Netafim's Environmental Policy
Netafim is committed to Sustainable Development and a positive overall impact on the environment.
We aim to deliver a proactive, sustained improvement in environmental performance and minimize negative environmental impacts through Netafim's products and operations, while complying with all environmental legislation and regulations in every country in which we operate.
We strive to quantify our environmental impacts and accept accountability for them through emphasis on environmentally positive product design, minimizing resource consumption in all manufacturing and supply chain operations, reuse, recycling and responsible waste management. We strive to work in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure environmental impacts are addressed at each stage of the supply process for the benefit of our customers, society as a whole and future generations.
Netafim's works to uphold this Environmental Policy through:
- Environment Supervisors at Netafim manufacturing plants who are responsible implementation of the Environmental Policy.
- Establishing goals, targets and timetables for environmental performance, supported by performance measurement indicators and reporting systems.
- Allocating resources, defining authorities, responsibilities and environmental disclosures, informed by environmental legislation and Netafim Environmental Policy, as part of a multi-year plan to reduce environmental impacts in core areas such as carbon emissions, waste, energy and water efficiency, recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Delivering training programs for company employees at all levels to ensure awareness and adherence to environmental goals.
- Regular Executive Management Team reviews of Netafim's environmental performance against targets.
Key environmental practices at Netafim include:
- Adherence to ISO Standard 14001 at key factories which includes regular external audit and verification.
- Environmental Impact Assessments of Netafim products focusing on water, chemicals and power consumption effects during manufacture and use.
- Environmental Risk Assessment of the direct environmental impacts of Netafim production operations, including conservation and rehabilitation of nature and biodiversity; air water and soil pollution prevention; noise and odor prevention; reduction of greenhouse gases; reduction of natural resource and water use and waste management and reduction (sewage and hazardous waste and detergents).